Perfect in my Mind

Perfect in my Mind

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Workin' on my Fitness.

Remember how I told you I was going to try and make healthy choices this summer?  Well, I am still trying to do that, kind of.

I am not the kind of person who deprives herself of tasty treats.  I am the opposite of that person.  Even if I'm trying to lose weight, or get in better shape, I will not give up eating a piece of chocolate, if I want it.  Which brings me to this:
Did you know that sugar free Jello is actually not disgusting?  Because I had no clue.  But, in reality, it's totally good.

***
A few weeks ago, I decided to do a cleanse.  I've heard people say stuff like"Cleanses are stupid."  "Your body doesn't need to be cleansed." Etc. They're probably right.  But guess what?  I didn't even care what these people said.  I wanted to try one.  So I did.  

I haven't been shy about admitting that Mista T. and I have gained a few lbs. since getting married.  From December to May I gained about eight.  Not too alarming, but not something I was happy about.  This little cleanse sucked out all of that fat, and made me feel real good inside.  

If you want more information on what I did, let me know.  It wasn't even hard.  

***
I hate that working out and eating healthfully has been so associated with weight loss in the media.  Because, guess what?  I don't even care if I lose any more weight.  If someone walked up to me today, and said that they think I need to lose weight, yeah, I'd probably be sad.  But I'd also tell them they are stupid--because I'm mostly happy with my body.  I just want to feel good inside.  I want to take good care of myself.  I want to be the best Chelsea I can be.  Am I full of cliches?  Totally.  But sometimes cliches are awesome.

***
Tonight Mista T. and I are going to hit up the ol' gym.  Togeza.  We are going to be fit, and fabulous.  And it might even be a little bit fun.
We even walk there, sometimes.  How cool are we?  Way cool.

6 comments:

A+J said...

I want to know more about the cleanse. I have been interested in doing something like that soon.

Unknown said...

Tell me about this cleanse! I love cleanses every few months!

Chelsea said...

Okay, I found the cleanse here:
http://adailydoseofdieting.blogspot.com/p/cleanse.html

It's really cool--because on most days, you can eat as much as you want. Let me know how it goes, if you guys end up doing it!

Sara SHOEmaker said...

good for you girl! I decided to start going to the gym once...i went 2 times then forgot....yeah. that jello looks yummmmmy!

House of Shoes

Megan and Justin said...

thats awesome, rock it girl! just found your bog and i love it! following now!

Megan and Justin said...

oh and p.s. I would LOVE to know about the cleanse you did :)