Perfect in my Mind

Perfect in my Mind

Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Goals: 2011!

I must admit, New Year's Resolutions intimidate me.  365 is a rather large number, so I tend to feel a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of focusing on specific objectives for that length of time.  

I set goals that match the season.  

It's summer now, and I have eased into my lack-luster routine quite nicely.  With my summer internship not starting for another week, I have found myself feeling a bit lazy.  I don't like feeling lazy.  It gets me down a bit.  And for that reason, I would officially like to document my summer goals.  If it's on the internet, it's real.  Ha.

1.  Maintain a clean apartment, and make it pretty. 
So far so good.  But, there are things about our home I want to make nicer.  I want to finish decorating our bedroom, and polish up a few other places.  We might be living here for awhile, so I might as well make our apartment the best place it can be for us.

2.  Learn how to make {and re-fashion} skirts.
I'm particulary obsessed with this skirt, and this skirt.  So pretty, right?

3.  Make healthy choices.
I want to be more active this summer.  Specifically by gymming it up and eating more healthfully.  

4.  Socialize.
Since getting married, I've found that I've really been slacking in my relationships with my friends.  There are definitely times when I could be nourishing my friendships--and it would be really good for me.  Sometimes I get lonely when Mista T.'s at work.  

5.  Devote more time to increasing my spirituality.
I really need to get back into a pattern of consistent, meaningful scripture study and temple attendance. 

Here's to the start of a productive summer!

What are your summer goals?

2 comments:

Annette said...

Such great goals! I need to be better at setting goals...

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I like your idea of doing summer goals. I would need to think of a good list, but off the top of my head... I know I need to be more patient with my husband.