Perfect in my Mind

Perfect in my Mind

Monday, June 6, 2011

If being on crack was a positive thing . . .

I didn't realize that I like to cook until after I got hitched.  Like.  I thought it was interesting, and I definitely liked eating, but I never thought I could actually enjoy the process of making a meal.

Well, it turns out that planning and creating meals are often some of my favorite moments in a day.

Except today.  I have been feeling like a sick, lazy little bum, and haven't wanted to uproot myself from the comforts of my couch.  So, I decided to make something easy.  It turned out tasting soooo good, that I would feel selfish if I didn't share it with you.

So here you go.  My gift to you.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

4 chicken breast halves
2 15 oz cans black beans, undrained
1 cup salsa
1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
tortilla chips

  1. Combine all ingredients (except for chips) in the crockpot
  2. Cover.  Cook on low for 8 hours (Or on high for 4 hours).
  3. Just before serving, remove chicken and slice into bite sized pieces.  Stir into soup.
  4. Ladle soup over chips.
Your belly is going to thank me a million times over.  This is like taco soup on crack.  If being on crack was a positive thing.  

3 comments:

Alexis Kaye said...

I am going to make this tomorrow! It looks great!

Laura Eve said...

that looks/sounds way good!

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious! I think I will try it!