I was just a little girl when Aladdin was released. I remember walking into the theater with my best friend's mom, armed with a kid's snack pack and my purple Princess Jasmine purse. I also remember falling asleep part way through. I've never been good at staying awake during movies.
In high school, I would always ask my date which Disney Princess he liked the best. (I never had a boyfriend in high school . . . I wonder why?) If the guy answered "Princess Jasmine," (which was approximately 87% of the time) I knew that he wasn't the one for me.
Boys seem to favor Jasmine. Maybe because she is a major hottie. Or maybe it's because she knows it. However, Jasmine has never been my favorite princess. Sure, as a little girl I thought she was pretty and I admired that she had a tiger and cute birds . . . but she never really seemed to do anything. She wasn't smart. She wasn't funny. She didn't work for anything she had. She was just a princess.
I have learned some things from Jasmine over the years, though. I'm not sure if they're good or bad, but they are important:
- If you don't marry for love, you will probably end up with a mind controlling psycho path.
- Stealing is wrong, even if you're trying to help someone. And even if you're pretty.
- Don't leave your house. Not even for a second. Someone will try to chop off your hand, and your boyfriend will get arrested.
- If your dad is short and dumpy, it doesn't mean you will be too.
- If you don't like a guy, just sick your tiger on him.
Sorry if it's Jasmine . . .