Today, this young man turns fifteen.
Wow. Fifteen years old. I remember the days when he had no social skills, and would ask my mom questions like, "Is that lady dead?" while pointing to an elderly woman in the supermarket. I remember Garret pitching raw eggs out of the fridge while yelling, "Ball! Ball!" I remember walking in on Garret playing in his room, pretending to be a Jedi. The kid has always been cool.
Through the years, Garret has transformed from pesky little brother, to one of my very best friends. The most recent advancement in our relationship was earlier this week when I un-blocked him from Facebook chat. It was a good move. We've enjoyed some great times together, and have constructed some pretty fantastic inside jokes. So, in honor of his birth, I've decided to compose my top five favorite things about my leetle brother.
1. Garret is one of the most hilarious people you will ever meet. He's constantly coming up with outrageous commentary. He can make anything laughable by adding his magic words.
2. Garret is an awesome musician. Not only does he tear it up on his guitar--but he shreds it up classically on his cello.
3. Garret is compassionate, and knows how to make bad days good.
4. Garret is a good example. He bears his testimony through his actions everyday. He is careful about what he will watch, and what he will do. He tries hard to be a good person, and he motivates me to be better.
5. Garret calls me from time to time, just to chat. It means so much to me for him to do that. He is an amazing little brother, and I feel so blessed to have him in my life.
Thanks Garret, for completing our family! I'm glad mom and dad didn't let me name you. Arthur Edwin Bryant just doesn't scream 'cool.'
|Garret and Teddy--both looking a little drugged|