Perfect in my Mind

Perfect in my Mind

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chopped.

Day three:  a picture of the cast from your favorite show


Okay, so Mista T. and I don't have television shows.  We have a television.  But no shows.  So, lately we've been watching Chopped online.  It has become a mild obsession around here.  Mista T. has now taken to describing my cooking in very technical terms.  For example:
"The smokiness of the sausage really pairs well with the richness of the cream."
We've even contemplated doing our own version of the show at home.  I pick out three secret ingredients for him, and he has to compose an entrée.  Then he picks out three secret ingredients for me, and I have to compose a desert.  Sounds kinda fun, right?  

Anyway.  Chopped doesn't really have a set cast--but it has judges and a host. 

Ted Allen (host):  all business, food expert, almost a hipster

Aaron Sanchez (judge):  awesome accent, Latin food aficionado, my favorite.
Alex Guarneschelli (judge):  uses 'sort of' as a descriptor a lot, one of New York's top chefs, my least favorite
Marc Murphy (judge):  nice, loves starch, Mista T.'s favorite.

There are more.  But I don't really care about them too much.  I just adore the show.  I recommend to you.

No comments: