Perfect in my Mind

Perfect in my Mind

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February. It's spelled kind of weird, but it's great.

I really like February.  I always have.  I like having an excuse to wear red, and pink, and different combinations of red and pink . . . but it's also more than that.

February is a month of bountiful goodness.  And here's why:

1.  Black History Month.  Yep.  That means that there will definitely be some sort of free "Stomp" for me to attend.

2.  February is the shortest month
3.  Leap Year.  I'm not talking about the crappy movie with Amy Adams.  I'm talking about the anticipation.  Are there going to be 28 days this month?  Or 29?  Ooooo.  Fun, right?

4.  Valentine's Day.  I have always looked forward to Valentine's Day.  Even back in the day when I had no one to love.  My mom would always make us a fun breakfast, and I would always wear my favorite pink sweater.  And sometimes I would get a Valentine gram from a secret admirer.  And most times I wouldn't.  But it didn't even matter.  Because there would always be chocolate waiting for me at home.  Again, courtesy of my mother. 

5.  National Cat Month.  I just barely learned that February is National Cat Month.  Calm down.  I know that you're freaking out with excitement.  But, it's gonna be alright.  We can all celebrate together.

So, what do you like February?

13 comments:

Carlie said...

haha I am so excited for it to be Leap Year too! I mean it only happens once every 4 years so it's a big deal! ;)

Stephanie said...

My birthday! And even though we never really do much for Valentine's Day, I think it's a cute holiday.

But oh man, I might have to celebrate cat month. : )

Denise said...

My birthday is this month! That alone makes this month awesome haha

Ryan Adair said...

CAT MONTH!? How did a crazy cat lady, such as myself miss that!!!!

Trish said...

I like February too (and even more now that I know it's National Cat Month). It's like winter's last hoorah before spring gets here, and you never know what kind of weather (at least in the Midwest) you're going to get.

:: ashley :: said...

I love feb because its 2-3 days shorter than the rest so my budget appreciates the slack ;)

Anonymous said...

It's the month I married my best friend! We will have been married four years TOMORROW!

Keri said...

Every February Jason and I get to go away for 2 nights and invest in our marriage...(wink). So February is FABULOUS.

Courtney B said...

I love Feb!! I'm hoping this is the month that I get to meet you :)

Alexis Kaye said...

I wanna go to free stomp! And you like cats? Is it cool if I don't? cool! They fight at all hours of the night at our complex AND are apparently more alike rabbits than I thought...you know with the replenishing themselves and whatnot

Lara Neves said...

AND did you know that today is National Fettucine Alfredo day? I don't know about you, but that is my favorite thing to eat.

I only wish I had found this information out before dinner. Hmph.

Danielle said...

Haha! Cat month!! And the shortest month which means SPRING is coming!! Love your blog. Newest reader!

Emma Frances said...

Baha! So many good reasons to love February! And yay for an awesome mom that made Valentine's Day a blast even before you had a man to love! :] I love February for all of the reasons you mentioned along with the fact that my birthday is in February!! Woot! Woot!