Perfect in my Mind

Perfect in my Mind

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I love today.

This week has been busssyy.  Kind of, anyway.  It's not like I've been running around, constantly, without a lick of time to myself.  But, I do think that with school starting and everything,this time of year takes some getting used to, schedule wise.  Anyway.  Today has been a beautiful day.

Today I loved . . .

**Getting new clothes.  Did you know that I basically haven't purchased any clothing for myself since high school?  Fun fact, right?  Kind of right.  I don't want to get all fashion blogger up in yo bidness, but I'll probably be braggin' to you this coming week about my hangers' newest friends.
(click photos for sources)
**Eating homemade curry.  For the longest time, I thought curry was one of those things that you could only eat at a restaurant.  But guess what?  I was totally wrong.  And I've never been happier to be wrong.  If you feel like putting this
in your belly, you probably deserve to.  Because it isn't even hard to make.  

**Mista T. introducing me to "Back to the Future."  Yep.  I'm not even lying to you.  I hadn't seen it (in it's entirety) until today.  And now all I can think about is getting my hands on a Delorian.  And listening to Huey Lewis and the News, of course.
{Sidenote} Hey.  I have a question for you . . . if you could travel back in time, what era would you want to visit?  For me, I think I'd want to visit the fifties.  I love hearing my grandma tell stories about her teenage years, and I think it'd be fun to hang out with her as a teen.
( . . . moving on . . .)
**Magnum Ice Cream bars.  Have you guys tried one of these 
beauties, yet?  If not, you'd better get your tail over to the nearest grocery store and pick up some.  Tell them I sent you.  Not that it'd matter.  But, I'd probably be way flattered.

**Being famous.  
Alright, alright.  So, I'm not really famous.  But, my little face was totally in the paper this week.  I've been telling everyone I know, so I should probably tell you guys.  

And that's pretty much that.  Except that the day's not even over, yet.  So more good stuff is bound to happen.  

How about you guys?  How's your weekend been so far?

17 comments:

Unknown said...

What are you in the paper for?? Something about music? Congrats that is awesome! :)

Sara SHOEmaker said...

you haven't bought clothes since HIGH SCHOOL?! I wish I was that good. you haven't seen back to the future either.....? I grew up on that and have so many fond memories of it! the first one is the best. "ONE POINT TWENTY ONE GIGGAWATTS?!?!?!" ;)


The House of Shoes

Savannah said...

Thank you so much for leaving the sweetest comment on my blog, it totally made my day :) I tried one of those ice cream bars and I just about died they are so good! That's awesome you were in the paper, I definitely don't having anything cool like, unless you count my high school vball team 5 years ago and my tiny head in a back of the picture ;)

Hope Wiltfong said...

I'm so glad Mr.T. introduced to Back To The Future! (just don't go on to II or III - sometimes sequels don't work). Great movie.

And yes, what were you in the newspaper for?!

from head 2 toe said...

Being in that paper totally makes you famous! :) And, that curry recipie would be greatly appreciated. :)
xoxo

Belle Armed said...

eating curry, watching back to the future - it would totally be a perfect evening!

Denise said...

You've never seen back to the future?? And that ice cream looks amazing. Ice cream for breakfast it is!! haha

Ryan Adair said...

Thats awesome! Congrats! I would be telling everyone I know too.

I need to update my closet as well. But first I want to lose weight. Stacy and Clinton would probably scoff at that. Can't wait to see some purchases!

That ice bar looks delish!

AND finally,

I LOVE cooking with curry. It's really good on steaks too. :)

Ryan @ Thismustbetheplaceryan

P! said...

Everything about this post amazes me.

First, how on Earth did you live without Back to the Future before now?! Word of advice, don't bother with the sequel... you will only be disappointed. Really. A little tip there from me to you because I care. ;)

Second, there is nothing cooler than seeing somebody you know in the paper. EXCEPT, that is, seeing yourself in the paper. You go, girl! Keep that one for the scrapbooks.

Third, I can't wait to see all your new purchases. Prior to meeting my hubby, the only new things I bought were shoes. My clothes were all repeats from high school or thrifted/vintage stuff my mom gave me. I am beside you on the excitement.

And finally, your sense of humor never ceases to amaze me and reflect on my own. "...get your tail over to the nearest grocery store and pick up some. Tell them I sent you. Not that it'd matter. But, I'd probably be way flattered." Girl, I swear if you lived closer, we'd pretty much be besties forever. ;)

Have a great weekend and enjoy the fame!!

Kylie said...

I've never seen "Back to the Future" and those Magnum Bars look delicious. Weekend=Wonderful. Love your blog!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Chelsea- why were you in the paper? That is really exciting. Congratulations!

Wow, you had never seen Back to the Future? Really? Did you like it? I am pretty sure my affection for technology wouldn't allow me to live in any other time period.

Can't wait to see more of your new clothing haul! I live for that kind of thing:)

That curry recipe looks amazing. I have never tried to make it at home before.

*Erin

tegan said...

mm curry! loved this post :)

i tagged you to do a 'little things that make me happy' post >.<
it's on my blog!

thanks for my comment :)

xox

Emma Frances said...

Magnum bars are incredible! Also, so is Back to the Future. :] And I'm in love with that shirt!

Emma Frances said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hahah - the Magnum ice cream bars have THE most weirdest commercials, haha!

I loved reading about your weekend! And Back to the Future? Yeah I've never seen it!

Megan and Justin said...

you haven't bought clothes since high school?! that is seriously amazing!! and magnum bars are incredible! seriously.

Blue said...

Love this little list! You exude so much positivity!