Perfect in my Mind

Perfect in my Mind

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Forever.

Day five:  A picture of your favorite memory.


{Photo by Krista Smith}
I was inside that magnificent place--kneeling at an alter.  Across from me sat the most handsome figure I had ever seen, with a smile so bright, I almost wept.   Memories cannot be tangibly captured in this sacred place, but we were encouraged to never forget the divine covenants we were about to enter into.  My heart grew so full, it almost burst as I came to the realization that the man of my dreams had become my dream come true.  And he would be my other half.  For eternity.  

There is such a curiosity amongst people  outside the LDS culture about the temple.  Books have been written, trying to decode the "mysterious" happenings which occur therein.  But, I am here to tell you, the temple is not an ambiguous place.  The covenants and ceremonies within that holy structure are not secret, but sacred.  Anyone can enter the temple--provided they are interviewed by the proper priesthood authority and deemed worthy.  

The temple is a beautiful place.  A place I wish to make many more special memories.  But for now, I will remember. 

{Photo by Abbey Kyhl}

No comments: